Skip to main content

3 Years

I'm way late on this post, but better late than never, right? Charmer and I had our 3 year anniversary on July 7th this year. I always get him something for our "gotcha day" anniversary. The first year was a leather halter, the second year was a saddle (which we just desperately needed anyways, but worked out as his "present"), this year we got a PS of Sweden bridle. Also, despite having lots of photos under saddle with Charmer, I have little to no profile photoshoot style pictures. So part 2 of his gift this year was getting a photoshoot taken in his new bridle!

He looks so good in his PSoS bridle!
Heels, hearts & horses. All I need in life. 
Just can't believe how good his body condition is right now!
Quiet moments with my best friend.
I love how this shot captures how much I love him.
New profile picture?
I think yes.
Charmer is looking so good lately!
Also, I'm 5'6" & in 3" heels and I'm barely taller than his withers!
I just love him
Living my fairytale
How handsome is he??

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saddle Woes & Jumping Ponies

I'm definitely still in a bit of a weird headspace, and obviously still not getting back to real consistency on the blog just yet, but hey, some posts are better than none, right? I'm not exaggerating when I say this canter is an actual dream to ride. All 3 ponies got chiropractic work from my vet a week and a half ago, and she confirmed a fear for me regarding Banner - his lovely Devoucoux saddle doesn't fit. Awesome. Its hitting his scapula, and even with quite a few weeks out of the saddle recently, he still had a lot of residual soreness along his scapula. Luckily I haven't been able to ride 3 ponies lately anyways, so he was on the backburner regardless so it doesn't change much in our immediate plans, but its never fun to know you have to sell a saddle/change plans.  My CWD on V (usually using a half pad, but was testing the fit without) I've got a few different ideas on what I plan to do with selling his current saddle/what I plan to replace it with. I

The Best Horse in All the Lands

Here's the post about my main man, Charmer, from the weekend with my trainer!! I'll go ahead and spoil the ending right now - he is perfect and I don't deserve him.  After where I left off with V (end of yesterday's post) I felt really disheartened when I climbed into the tack on Charmer. He's not exactly known for being the easiest  ride on XC and I sort of mentally was beating myself into a pulp for no good reason. After a good number of comments regarding my leg/balance on V, I was just really feeling like I sucked and had no business being out there. It didn't help that this year has been a complete crapshoot for me and XC and this was only my third time out on Charmer all year.  I halfheartedly warmed him up while thinking we might just not even jump anything. He came out his good ol' dragon self and I was thinking "I don't even have the energy to manage him right now, and I don't deserve to be here anyways". It wasn't a great head

Winter Sucks

 Well. I fell off the grid for like 4 whole months. Whoops. The sad part? Basically nothing all that exciting has happened in FOUR MONTHS. I'm dying y'all. Okay, technically a few semi-fun things have happened, but it has seriously been the dumbest freaking end of fall/winter ever.  Like the day after Christmas, we got snow...and then more...and then more. For reference, I live in the Boise area in Idaho, where yes, we do get snow, but like...a couple inches at a time max , and it usually melts within a few days. And this time, we seriously got probably 8"+ in the span of like 36 hours. Which was so prettty . For like a moment. But now it is freakin February 1st, and I STILL HAVE 2" OF SNOW IN MY ARENA . Because we basically haven't gotten above like 38* since it snowed, which hasn't allowed anything to fully thaw out. Soooo, I haven't ridden since sometime in December. And I'm big-time cranky about it (sorry to literally anyone who has to talk to me b