Skip to main content

Family & Media!

This weekend, I got the pleasure of my Aunt coming into town. She was coming to see the family, but she also loves horses. Oh and she is an awesome photographer. I hope you see where this is going. I was thrilled to have her in town to begin with, but doubly thrilled when I realized she brought her fancy camera!


Finally some new media! The timing was perfect, because I also got Charmer clipped this weekend and it made him look a lot nicer in the photos! Clearly we are both a little out of shape, but I loved getting some media anyways!


He warmed up the best he has in a long time - soft, relaxed, pleasantly forward, and he was moving off of my right leg really well (we have been struggling with this for a while now). Knocked his laterals out of the park, and didn't go to pull on me or buck more than one time.


I even got to pull out a bunch of new outfit stuff for both of us! Our OTTB Identity shirt, newest Piper breeches, new Majyk Equipe boots & new Nunn Finer figure 8 (go die in a hole stupid HDR bridle I had before!).


I'm about 95% sure that Charmer's perfect attitude was because of our super coordinated outfit and the fact a camera was out. I swear this horse loves the camera. Even when the neighbor dogs came out barking and roughhousing, he didn't bat an eye. I was super impressed to say the least!

So I finally decided to pull out a jump for the first time in over 5 months (wow, can't believe it's been that long!). It also happened to be the first time we jumped at home, ever. I figured it might go well, because he felt great, and at least if I died, we would get it on camera.


But of course, I shouldn't have doubted my big bay creature, because he was foot perfect. I need some reminders on how to do everything, but he took every jump in stride without batting an eye, and any issues in his form were all 100% my fault.


Since we are both rebuilding fitness (okay, me more than him), I kept the jump low and we only went over it about 15 times, and I made sure to end on one of the best jumps all day. If he can keep up this calmness, we will definitely kill it in the show ring this year (provided I can actually figure out my stupid schedule so I can ride!).

All smiles, all the time with these two

Wonder intently watched our whole ride. I'd like to think he is taking notes. But probably not. Little kid is hopefully going over his first fences in the next couple of weeks! Just gotta find the time and set something up. I'm hoping to con someone into jump crewing for me so I don't have to worry about getting on/off to fix any jumps he takes down.

Charmer humored me with a mini photoshoot

So thrilled that I got some stellar media this weekend, and I cannot wait until April when my Aunt comes back again so I can get even more media! Hopefully some nice photos with Wonder next time too!


Also she took this amazing shot of Charmer & I which I am super in love with!

Comments

  1. Great photos!! I'm a little in love with those breeches too, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are probably my new favorite breeches. You just can't beat that color!

      Delete
  2. aww these pictures are great!! Charmer is looking GREAT right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, the coordinated outfit is PERFECTION! Ya'll look great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We take our color coordination very seriously around here! Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saddle Woes & Jumping Ponies

I'm definitely still in a bit of a weird headspace, and obviously still not getting back to real consistency on the blog just yet, but hey, some posts are better than none, right? I'm not exaggerating when I say this canter is an actual dream to ride. All 3 ponies got chiropractic work from my vet a week and a half ago, and she confirmed a fear for me regarding Banner - his lovely Devoucoux saddle doesn't fit. Awesome. Its hitting his scapula, and even with quite a few weeks out of the saddle recently, he still had a lot of residual soreness along his scapula. Luckily I haven't been able to ride 3 ponies lately anyways, so he was on the backburner regardless so it doesn't change much in our immediate plans, but its never fun to know you have to sell a saddle/change plans.  My CWD on V (usually using a half pad, but was testing the fit without) I've got a few different ideas on what I plan to do with selling his current saddle/what I plan to replace it with. I

The Best Horse in All the Lands

Here's the post about my main man, Charmer, from the weekend with my trainer!! I'll go ahead and spoil the ending right now - he is perfect and I don't deserve him.  After where I left off with V (end of yesterday's post) I felt really disheartened when I climbed into the tack on Charmer. He's not exactly known for being the easiest  ride on XC and I sort of mentally was beating myself into a pulp for no good reason. After a good number of comments regarding my leg/balance on V, I was just really feeling like I sucked and had no business being out there. It didn't help that this year has been a complete crapshoot for me and XC and this was only my third time out on Charmer all year.  I halfheartedly warmed him up while thinking we might just not even jump anything. He came out his good ol' dragon self and I was thinking "I don't even have the energy to manage him right now, and I don't deserve to be here anyways". It wasn't a great head

Winter Sucks

 Well. I fell off the grid for like 4 whole months. Whoops. The sad part? Basically nothing all that exciting has happened in FOUR MONTHS. I'm dying y'all. Okay, technically a few semi-fun things have happened, but it has seriously been the dumbest freaking end of fall/winter ever.  Like the day after Christmas, we got snow...and then more...and then more. For reference, I live in the Boise area in Idaho, where yes, we do get snow, but like...a couple inches at a time max , and it usually melts within a few days. And this time, we seriously got probably 8"+ in the span of like 36 hours. Which was so prettty . For like a moment. But now it is freakin February 1st, and I STILL HAVE 2" OF SNOW IN MY ARENA . Because we basically haven't gotten above like 38* since it snowed, which hasn't allowed anything to fully thaw out. Soooo, I haven't ridden since sometime in December. And I'm big-time cranky about it (sorry to literally anyone who has to talk to me b