Skip to main content

30 Things Blog Hop


1. I am incredibly religious. In fact, I am the daughter of a preacher, and I've grown up in the same church for most of my life. My church is my second family - and I love them dearly. Some of them have known me for over 15 years!

2. School used to be really fun for me - I loved it through about 8th grade. Ever since then, school has been the bane of my existence, but I do it so I can hopefully get a good job to pay for mi expensive animals.

3. I'm in college for a computer science degree. I plan to be a nerdy programmer. 🤓

4. Despite not liking school anymore, I love STEM stuff. Science, Tech, Engineering, Math. That is right up my alley. I've always loved numbers & patterns.


5. I've been riding horses since I was 9yo. But I've been obsessed with them for as long as I can remember.

6. The first horse I ever remember riding was when I was around 3yo, on a trail ride, I rode with my dad on a big liver chestnut horse named "Big Red" - unique name, right?

7. I owned over 100 Breyer horses at one point. Still have probably half of them.

8. Aside from loving horses, my next favorite animal is probably dogs. I memorized an entire dog book when I was approx 8yo. (yes, I have always been a nerd.)

Arrow

9. I own two dachshunds - named Arrow and Chili. They are adorable and spastic and awesome.

10.  It was my lifelong dream to have my horses in my backyard. Now, at 20, that dream has become a reality. And it's as awesome as I ever thought it would be.

11. Up until the last year, I thought I wanted to pursue horses professionally. I got an amazing opportunity to try it out, and decided that life is not for me - but I applaud and love the people that make it happen!

Chili

12. I wanted to be a vet up through probably 9th grade, and then someone told me I had to go to college and then vet school, and I realized that was wayyyy more schooling than I wanted to pursue.

13. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. I've read the books at least 7 times through. Watched the movies as many times too - but the books will always be better.

14. I also love the Eragon series, Divergent, Narnia, etc. I did not love the Hunger Games series quite as much though. I am currently working on reading the Maze Runner series.

15. I'm also a huge Disney fan. You should see how much Disney art hangs in my family's house. I've gone to a Disney park on at least 20 trips - most of those trips being 5+ days in the park.

In Epcot

16. I got pneumonia once - in DisneyWorld. It sucked. It happened to be my graduation trip too.

17. I've broken two bones. My left ulna, and my pelvis.

18. My arm was broken in a trampoline accident when I was approximately 11. I stayed oddly calm when it was broken and we simply drove to the hospital and let them reset it.

19. I broke my pelvis in September of 2015 in horse accident. Again I was oddly calm, but this time took an ambulance ride since I attempted to walk and couldn't. The paramedics were surprised I broke anything because of how calm I was.

He is so much better at selfies than me

20. I was an avid skier when I was younger, and regularly skied all of the black diamonds at the local resort. I even skied a handful of yellow diamond runs. It's been about 5 years since I last skied, but I hope to get back into it!

21. I'm an only child!

22. I played piano for probably 8 years of my life. I was really good, but I hated the monotony of practicing - so my final teacher would give me pieces way beyond my ability, but then I would actually practice. It would usually take me 6 months to finish each piece - I can still play Für Elise 80% from memory.

23. Along with piano, I also spent time as a swimmer for several years, and anytime I took classes, they always asked me to be on swim team, but my heart was never in it competitively. I hope to make some more time to get back to swimming. It's a great workout!

24. I played chess semi-competitively for 3 years. At one point I beat my chess teacher's stepson (who is now a grand master in chess) and made him cry.

25. If I could live in any other time period, I would have grown up in the 1950's. Buddy Holly is my all time favorite musician, and I would've loved to grow up listening to his music, or see him play.

Buddy Holly

26. I'm incredibly introverted (scored 100% introverted on the Myer Briggs personality test), but once I become comfortable around you, you probably can't get me to shut up.

27. Regarding Harry Potter, I am in Ravenclaw house. I took the original Pottermore quiz (which is 1000x better than the new one) and actually scored right down the line between Ravenclaw and Slytherin, so my final question was which house did I want to be in. I chose Ravenclaw, but I have strong Slytherin ties as well.

28. I love musicals, especially Phantom of the Opera, The Greatest Showman and Les Miserables. In that order.

29. I took a trip to Europe with my senior class in high school. We visited Rome, Florence, Paris and London, with a few small stops in between. One of the most fun trips I've ever had. Florence was definitely my favorite - I think I could live there 💓

Beautiful night in Europe 😍

30. I don't like coffee. At all. The taste of it is really gross to me - but all my friends keep trying to get me hooked on it.

Well, I hope you learned something new about me! I didn't think I could make it to 30 facts, but I feel kind of accomplished that I did!

Comments

  1. Awesome list! And always excited to find another dachshund-owning horse lover! 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saddle Woes & Jumping Ponies

I'm definitely still in a bit of a weird headspace, and obviously still not getting back to real consistency on the blog just yet, but hey, some posts are better than none, right? I'm not exaggerating when I say this canter is an actual dream to ride. All 3 ponies got chiropractic work from my vet a week and a half ago, and she confirmed a fear for me regarding Banner - his lovely Devoucoux saddle doesn't fit. Awesome. Its hitting his scapula, and even with quite a few weeks out of the saddle recently, he still had a lot of residual soreness along his scapula. Luckily I haven't been able to ride 3 ponies lately anyways, so he was on the backburner regardless so it doesn't change much in our immediate plans, but its never fun to know you have to sell a saddle/change plans.  My CWD on V (usually using a half pad, but was testing the fit without) I've got a few different ideas on what I plan to do with selling his current saddle/what I plan to replace it with. I

Organization

So, as most of you know (the 3 of you that probably even read this blog haha), I keep my horses at home. Which is amazing ! But it has also opened up a world of changes. For the first time, I am 100% in charge of my horse's care. Only about 6 weeks after Charmer moved home, I rethought his entire diet and we took practically a 180* turn. His hay got switched. Grain got switched. I changed a few supplements for short term use that I have now cut out. I think the result is him looking and feeling better than ever.  Old picture. Cutest expression ever. But along with being 100% in charge of my horse's care, means I am also 100% in charge of giving everything a place, making sure everything stays organized, and being always vigilant about making sure my horse has enough of everything he needs. Which honestly, I quite enjoy! But it is a lot of organizing. I make kind of DIY Smartpaks in baggies for both of my horses (although I'm really intrigued to try  this i

The Best Horse in All the Lands

Here's the post about my main man, Charmer, from the weekend with my trainer!! I'll go ahead and spoil the ending right now - he is perfect and I don't deserve him.  After where I left off with V (end of yesterday's post) I felt really disheartened when I climbed into the tack on Charmer. He's not exactly known for being the easiest  ride on XC and I sort of mentally was beating myself into a pulp for no good reason. After a good number of comments regarding my leg/balance on V, I was just really feeling like I sucked and had no business being out there. It didn't help that this year has been a complete crapshoot for me and XC and this was only my third time out on Charmer all year.  I halfheartedly warmed him up while thinking we might just not even jump anything. He came out his good ol' dragon self and I was thinking "I don't even have the energy to manage him right now, and I don't deserve to be here anyways". It wasn't a great head