Skip to main content

I Dream Of...

I have a lot of big dreams for things I would like this year to upgrade for me and my horse. So this is my Christmas list/wishlist of things that I want. But to be real, no sane person in their right mind will spend this kind of money on me for Christmas, so it will end up turning into more of a wishlist for the things I want to buy for myself throughout the year.

Ovation Tierra Monoflap Saddle
I can feel the security just looking at it

This saddle is a huge goal for me and Charmer. The interchangeable gullet system is great for his ever-changing topline. And the fact that it's a monoflap with nice, large, external blocks are a huge bonus for me in the security department for those green baby horse jumps. Also if I can pull off getting this saddle, it will be the first slightly higher end saddle I will own, so very excited for that!

Millbrook Leathers

Okay I do not know if these leathers are just a complete hoax, but honestly I think they are the coolest things ever, so I need them, even if it is literally just to look and feel semi-cool. 

Colored Compositi Wide Track Stirrups

So I already have a pair of these in black, because my joints are all beat up and destroyed and I am crippled if I try to ride in anything else. But I have now found the colored ones, and I desperately need colored ones of these now. Haven't officially decided what color, but definitely going to need some more of these magical, non-crippling, fantastical stirrups in pretty colors.

Dressage Sport Boots 2 (White)

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I happen to own the plainest bay of all the plain bays in the world. All of zero white hairs on his entire body. So I need to get a bunch of pretty boots in colors, or in white to offset his sad plain-ness. And I want to upgrade my cheap dressage boots to the nicer brand this year, and actually get white this time!

Fancy Open Front Boots

So I don't know if these are the "exact" ones that I want, but I really would love to get some nice, open front boots. Can't quite decide if I want white ones, or leather ones with fluff or what, but I do know, I would like them to be hook and stud closure (they just look so much fancier), and have a little more color or pop to them when I use them on my horse. Instead of just boring black boots that fade into his legs.

Magical Majyk Equipe Boots

Okay so I've been wanting some real XC boots for FOREVER now. Well then Majyk Equipe came out with these fabulout things! Drool. Need. Again, I have exactly zero concept of which color I would like to buy, but I am absolutely in love with these boots, especially after watching their strike plate video. Fantastically well made boots, and I will never complain about having more pretty colors for running XC.

Ariat Tall Boots

This will be the year for real tall boots. I have had a few pairs in the past, but they have always been "special occasion" kind of boots. And now I am growing exceedingly tired of my paddock-boots-and-half-chaps thing, so I think this will finally be the year I put on my big girl pants, and buy myself some real boots.

Mountain Horse Winter Boots

Okay and if we are growing up and getting some real people boots, I cannot forget to get some fancy winter boots for my spoiled little self. I have been freezing my toes off every single winter for the last decade, and I am now (hopefully) ready to get some nice winter boots so I can hopefully be a little less cold in our single digit temperatures.

Piper Breeches

Last, but definitely not least, is buying lots and lots of Piper breeches from Smartpak this year. I have bought several different types and brands of breeches. And they are the hardest things in the whole world to find that fit "just right". I usually find that you are usually left with two options: the so-tight-you-can't-breathe-pants or I-swear-I-don't-have-man-parts-pants. Personally, I am not a huge fan of either of those options. And I had always admired Piper breeches from a distance, but this year I finally bought some. And when I put them on? The things fit like a glove and they are so comfortable, and bonus points for awesome color combos! So now, I have basically sworn off wearing any other breeches in the world, and this year, just need to accumulate all of the possible colors of Piper breeches.

Anything fun on your holiday wishlist? Hoping you all get some fun toys for the holidays and the rest of the year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saddle Woes & Jumping Ponies

I'm definitely still in a bit of a weird headspace, and obviously still not getting back to real consistency on the blog just yet, but hey, some posts are better than none, right? I'm not exaggerating when I say this canter is an actual dream to ride. All 3 ponies got chiropractic work from my vet a week and a half ago, and she confirmed a fear for me regarding Banner - his lovely Devoucoux saddle doesn't fit. Awesome. Its hitting his scapula, and even with quite a few weeks out of the saddle recently, he still had a lot of residual soreness along his scapula. Luckily I haven't been able to ride 3 ponies lately anyways, so he was on the backburner regardless so it doesn't change much in our immediate plans, but its never fun to know you have to sell a saddle/change plans.  My CWD on V (usually using a half pad, but was testing the fit without) I've got a few different ideas on what I plan to do with selling his current saddle/what I plan to replace it with. I

Organization

So, as most of you know (the 3 of you that probably even read this blog haha), I keep my horses at home. Which is amazing ! But it has also opened up a world of changes. For the first time, I am 100% in charge of my horse's care. Only about 6 weeks after Charmer moved home, I rethought his entire diet and we took practically a 180* turn. His hay got switched. Grain got switched. I changed a few supplements for short term use that I have now cut out. I think the result is him looking and feeling better than ever.  Old picture. Cutest expression ever. But along with being 100% in charge of my horse's care, means I am also 100% in charge of giving everything a place, making sure everything stays organized, and being always vigilant about making sure my horse has enough of everything he needs. Which honestly, I quite enjoy! But it is a lot of organizing. I make kind of DIY Smartpaks in baggies for both of my horses (although I'm really intrigued to try  this i

The Best Horse in All the Lands

Here's the post about my main man, Charmer, from the weekend with my trainer!! I'll go ahead and spoil the ending right now - he is perfect and I don't deserve him.  After where I left off with V (end of yesterday's post) I felt really disheartened when I climbed into the tack on Charmer. He's not exactly known for being the easiest  ride on XC and I sort of mentally was beating myself into a pulp for no good reason. After a good number of comments regarding my leg/balance on V, I was just really feeling like I sucked and had no business being out there. It didn't help that this year has been a complete crapshoot for me and XC and this was only my third time out on Charmer all year.  I halfheartedly warmed him up while thinking we might just not even jump anything. He came out his good ol' dragon self and I was thinking "I don't even have the energy to manage him right now, and I don't deserve to be here anyways". It wasn't a great head